- Reduces dust mite population
- Safe for humans & pets
- Covers a volume of 62.8m³
- Reduces allergens produced by dust mites
The use of the Dust Mite Controller may prove to be the best aid in the prevention and treatment of allergies for many years.
It is now believed that over exposure to the dust mite may even result in a person becoming allergic to pollen and developing hayfever. It is also thought that the dust mite might be responsible for up to 50% of respiratory asthma, eczema and rhinitis conditions.
The Dust Mite Controller is a non toxic device, without the use of chemical substances. It is completely ecological and effectively reduces the number of dust mites and the allergens they produce.
The controller covers a volume of 62.8 cubic meters when plugged in. A blue light indicates the product is on and working.
WHAT ARE MITES?
Mites are microscopical spiders the size of 200u. In particular, Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Dermatophagoides farinae (figure 1), living in house dust, they are important agents responsible for allergic disorders.
These mites live in house dust and in bed components(like mattresses and pillows), feeding on epithelial dander.
Temperature of 18-21 degrees c and 65% -70% relative humidity represent the best conditions for their growth.They live between 2-4 months, producing each female 20-50 eggs (figure 2).
Allergic disorders due to house dust mites are the main responsible agents for perennial allergic disorders, such as rhinitis and bronchial asthma.