Does your pet show signs of less-than-optimal digestive health, such as occasional abdominal discomfort and gas, occasional bad breath or vomiting?
How about less-than-optimal joint health?
Minor food sensitivities?
Lackluster energy and overall less-than-ideal health?
You probably wouldn't suspect these issues to be connected with poor digestion, would you?
Many holistic veterinarians like me have discovered a solution that may help with all of these complaints and much more. In fact, this may be one of your greatest allies in helping to maintain your pet's total health.
What is this solution?
Enzymes. One of the vital forces and energy of life, enzymes are tiny protein molecules found in every living cell.
They're responsible for countless activities and functions involving energy production, metabolism, detoxification, and so much more.
Just to convey how powerful these molecules are…
As you read this one sentence, millions of biological reactions requiring the actions of enzymes are occurring in your pet's body.
Here are some of the many benefits of enzymes:
- Supports the immune system
- Aids the absorption of vitamins and minerals from food
- Promotes normal body weight without hunger cravings
- Promotes respiratory health
- Helps reduce minor food sensitivities
- Helps promote normal cell growth
- Supports healthy teeth and gums
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already within the normal range
- Reduces occasional bloating, gas, heartburn, and constipation
- Lessens skin irritation and excessive shedding
- Provides more energy due to better utilization of nutrients
- Helps remove toxins from the body
- Promotes comfortable movement of joints
As you can see, enzymes function in so many wondrous ways beyond digestion.
Using only the finest ingredients available, Dr Mercola selected these five enzymes to include in my Healthy Pets Digestive Enzymes:
- Betaine HCl - breaks down proteins into peptides and amino acids and fats into triglycerides
- Ox Bile Extract - safely used for many years in human and pet enzyme products to support the liver's production of bile and offer supplemental bile for bile-deficient pets, critical for digesting fats
- Bromelain (pineapple) - one of the safest and most powerful enzymes to help break down and digest protein
- Papain (papaya) - a natural plant-sourced enzyme that works together with bromelain to digest protein