- Supports the digestion of carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Supports healthy digestion and maximizes nutrient absorption
- Stimulates the release and production of natural digestive enzymes in the pancreas
What are Swanson Digestive Enzymes?
Every time we sate our hunger with a tasty snack or slake our thirst with a refreshing drink, our bodies immediately call upon a vast range of different biochemical processes so that we can get the best nutritive value from whatever we've ingested.
And while those processes follow a certain rigmarole to the best of their abilities, without certain enzymes, they can only go so far. That's because enzymes are proteins that better facilitate certain chemical reactions happening faster and more effectively inside us. They are essentially catalysts that speed up the rate at which metabolic reactions and processes occur in all living organisms.
Under ordinary circumstances, the process of breaking down foods into useable compounds is a sort of chain of events, with separate reactions at each step. It is at each of these steps that the body requires a specific enzyme to to catalyse a reaction.
What Swanson Digestive Enzymes do is supplement those much needed catalysts with some of the more important enzymes our body already uses.
Get the best out of your fats, carbohydrates and proteins with this powerful, natural solution to undigested food.
What are Swanson Digestive Enzymes used for?
With each enzyme offering a very particular use to our digestive process as a whole, Swanson Digestive Enzymes is a product best explained as the sum of its parts.
- Pancreatin: The pancreas is one of the body's main sources of vital enzymes. Which is why Pancreatin is vital for replacing the enzymes which are usually produced by the pancreas. They help you to better digest starch, fats and proteins.
- Ox Bile extract: It might sound a little unpleasant but Ox Bile is a great way to supplement our own digestive fluids which originate in the liver. Critical to your digestion, fat absorption and waste disposal, Ox bile contains bile acids and bile salts, which both help to solubilise the dietary fats you consume in order for the cells of your small intestine to absorb them.
- Diastase: The very first enzyme ever discovered. It helps to break down carbohydrates and turn them into sugar, which makes them easier to digest. For this reason it has been recommended for individuals who suffer from acid reflux.
- Papain & Bromelain: These special protein-digesting enzymes come from Papaya fruit and Pineapple respectively and they have both been used to ease digestive problems such as heartburn.
- Cellulase: Because we can't digest cellulose, it is often recommended that people take cellulase supplements in order to obtain the beta-glucose needed within the body. Glucose, or blood sugar, is a crucial energy source.
- Betaine HCL: Vital not only as an acid for dissolving food products, it is also subsequently important for its ability to detoxify the digestive system from unwanted waste products; keeping you clean, healthy and free from digestive blockages.
Swanson produce a wide variety of supplements to support good health, weight loss and beauty. From individual vitamins to recipes designed for specific health complaints, Swanson has a capsule suitable for every possible need. Learn more about Swanson Health Products.